1. You will be required to sign our COVID-19 Liability Waiver prior to your service appointment at Sanela Salon. If you wish to print and sign the waiver in advance, please download it here. We also have printed copies at the salon.
2. Sanela Salon is open Monday – Friday from 9AM to 8PM and Saturdays from 8AM to 5PM. To better accommodate clients, no more than 8 to 10 people will be in the salon at any given time. Stylists and clients will be working at every other station. We will have a distance of 11 feet between client/stylist pairs. Our salon will stagger stylist schedules to allow for social distancing, and expanding hours of operation to serve many guests as possible in a day while respecting capacity requirements.
3. Appointment only; no walk-ins. Clients must call the salon prior to their appointment and provide a credit card over the phone for the service they have booked. We are not accepting cash. This will ensure a fast, touchless checkout. You may tip your stylist directly using Venmo once you exit the salon. See the bottom of the Our Team or Contact pages of this website for the stylists’ Venmo usernames. If you prefer to bring a prepackaged envelope containing a gratuity for your stylist, that is acceptable as well.
4. Cancellations: As a courtesy to your stylist and other clients during this time, we do require at least a 24-hour cancellation notice. Any cancellations received less than 24 hours will be charged 100% of the service booked.
5. Call the salon once you have arrived (BEFORE entering). Come to the front door and wait outside until we escort you to your stylist. Clients may wait in their cars before the scheduled appointment or wait outside the salon in the provided seating.
6. Clients must have their own mask (gloves are optional). The mask must have ear loops so as not to interfere with your service. Bandanas or masks with ties are not accepted. You will not receive service without the appropriate mask.
7. Clients are asked not to bring any personal belongings into the salon. This means NO BAGS OR LAPTOP COMPUTERS. Cell phone and car keys are permitted.
8. Beverages, snacks and magazines will not be supplied.
9. Once you enter the salon, we will greet you at the door, hand you a clean, sanitized cutting cape and sanitize your hands. After each client appointment, stations, tools and surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized.
10. To minimize the number of people in the salon, clients must come alone.
11. With winter weather, it is too cold to process your single-process (root color) in front of the salon for 30 minutes. Your options are to process in your car and return for a rinse when your 30 minutes are up, or you may process at home and rinse the color yourself. Many clients have done this without problems! If you choose to rinse at home, we will ask you to sign a waiver that you take responsibility for rinsing in a timely manner.
12. We can not do rough drying anymore (after coloring only) due to our COVID-19 staffing. Unless you schedule a blowout, you will be leaving the salon with wet hair. This is so we remain compliant with no more than 10 people in the salon. Blowouts are still included with a haircut.
13. During this global pandemic, there will be a temporary $3 fee per service to cover the environmental safety guidelines required by the state of Massachusetts.
14. We strongly advise anyone displaying symptoms of illness to stay home and we will happily reschedule you.
15. If you are in an “at risk” category, please contact us so we can accommodate you in the early hours.
16. To ensure our touchless business transactions, we can not make change for the parking meter during this time. Please use a mobile parking app and pay with your credit card.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Gift cards are available in person as well as over the phone. (Simply email or call and we will do the rest!) They make great gifts all year long. Treat a loved one to an unforgettable salon experience.
All product sales are final purchased pre COVID-19. We care about the health and safety of our clients and apologize for any inconvenience this may present.
All consultations are complimentary excluding Sanela. Please call for a consultation pricing with Sanela prior to your scheduled appointment.
With the exception of guide dogs, no dogs are permitted in the salon at any time.